Saturday, 3 May 2014

My work placement with Sainsbury's TU

Design trend boards for this seasons swimwear range, out now.
My favourite items from this seasons swimwear collection, all extremely affordable.
Fabric inspiration.


First of all I want to apologise for not blogging over the last week! Its terrible how I'm new to this yet already i'm slacking with posts but I really have been just too busy and without my laptop! This means all my photos were taken on my phone,  so again I apologise, i would have liked the quality to have been a lot better.

But anyway, Last week I got to go on a fantastic work placement with Sainsburys TU. This was a placement that I gained off my own back as one of the best things I've ever done. As my university course is offering an optional placement year, I've decided it would be best to collect some work experience to help me on the way to gaining a year internship/placement somewhere This would also help me to work out what it is i'd prefer to be doing during that year. So I packed my bags for the week, and went to visit Sainsburys amazing non-food head office in Coventry.

It was an expensive trip as the placement was unpaid but i really did learn so much. After being at university for 2 years now I have never learnt as much as I did when I saw it all in action at the head office. It is true that there is only so much a book can teach you, but its actually getting out there and doing it which gives you a much more accurate view on particular subjects.  I got to hang out with some really interesting people who have been all over the industry and find out what they love about their job and if it would suit me. Most of the time I was purely shadowing over the departments but I did get involved in various tasks where no training was needed. I got to go to so many important and exciting meetings and even a fitting with a live model. It was such a worth while experience which I would recommend on anyone looking to go into working amongst a fashion retailers head office, to visit a store's head office and really get to see what they do. 

Currently at Sainsburys they are working on two ranges at a time. The section I was working on was Swimwear and Nightwear. So at some points in the day they were working on the finishing touches to the Christmas range for nightwear, where as at other points it was the beginning process of spring/summer 2015's Swimwear. It was amazing to see how everything is put together so early on, and how everyone in the office played an important role to perfecting it. There is some really exciting pieces to look out for next year but it's all very top secret so I was only allowed to take photos and write about current stock which you can find in Sainsburys now. 

On the last day I was able to pick out a few of my favourite bits to show you bloggers. Sainsburys to me, isn't the shop i'd normally go to for my swimwear but there really is some surprisingly lovely pieces. The prices and quality are incredible too. The company do really go to great lengths to get this perfect. My favourite swimwear pieces have to be number 2 and number 5 on the images above. Number 5 (top £8.00, bottoms £8.00) especially as it's on trend with being high wasted and the print is gorgeous and number 2 (top £8.00, bottoms £6.00) because I bought something similar to this last year from River Island, but if I'd have seen this colour I would have much preferred it. 

For more information on Sainsbury's clothing range visit,
Website here
Pinterest here





2 comments:

  1. This sounds like so much fun!

    Could you check out my blog and follow it on bloglovin? I will follow back! I have a new post everyday!

    Stay fancy!
    xxx Kelly-Louise

    fancysince1992.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete
  2. That work placement sounded amazing! Sainsburys wouldn't be a place that I would think to get swimwear but they all look lovely! Great post :) x

    Rachael | overdosedemaquillage.com

    ReplyDelete