Wednesday, 11 November 2015

My Autumn Beauty Favourites

Don't you just love how when you run out of one item of make-up, you happen to run out of them all at the same time? Being a student, this isn't usually the best for the ol' bank balance, but at the same time, I love a good Boots beauty haul. Now that I am back on the student budget, drug store beauty has become part of my daily routine again, after experimenting with Burberry, Chanel, Lancome and Mac, I can't help but feel that, actually, some drug store products suit me and my skin more. Rimmel for instance, their 'Wake me up' foundation is the best i've tried in a long time, so my purchase of this, along with the 'Stay matte' pressed powder have both been really good and cheap buys! I love the way the foundation gives a full coverage of any blemishes, as well as doing what it says on the label - it really does give a glow to my skin, making me look more awake! 

Boots are currently offering 3-4-2 across their beauty, hair and accessories, meaning when purchasing my Rimmel products, I had room for a freebie. Barry M have released a number of really lovely pallets, I'm already an owner of the Contour Pallet and was really impressed, so I thought i'd give the "Get up and Go" Highlighter, Blusher and Bronzer kit ago as well. I must say, I am really loving it, especially the highlighter which gives a really natural and not over powering glow to my cheek bones! Definitely a thumbs up from me.

Ever since the day my mother took my 15 year old self to the Benefit counter to get a bronzer and blusher that actually suited my skin colour, it has become a brand that no matter what my budget, I can't resist in someway. Their latest mascara - "Roller Lash" fell into my possession just before my Summer holiday in August and I won't be turning back, it really makes my lashes curl and stand out, which is great for me as I wear a lot less eye liner than I ever used to. It also holds its value well as I have only just about run out of the one I bought in August and i've worn it almost every day. 


If you have read my previous post on my wish list for Autumn beauty products, you'll know that Mac lipsticks are my all time favourite - my latest buy was "Lady Danger" which is one of Mac's matte lipsticks - I love the way this adds a real touch of glamour to my autumn outfits and lasts all day! 

Finally, my "My Burberry" perfume - this is the only part of my Autumn beauty favourites that I haven't purchased recently, however, when I was living in London last year, I left the bottle at home to keep for best, but this year being back at uni, I've taken it with me and I am getting full use out of it and its still amazing as the day I first smelt it. Although it is a little costly in comparison to other perfumes, i'd say its definitely worth it, as you really own need one spray to last till the end of the day and it comes in a gorgeous bottle which if you buy the large bottle, you can have your initials engravied for free! 

What do you think of drug store beauty products? What are your favourites this season? 

I hope you enjoyed this post! I am still working on the way I want to present posts like this, let me if you have any recommendations and don't forget to give me a thumbs up via Bloglovin and i'll be sure to follow back! <3

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

2 comments:

  1. I love the selection of products you have on there.

    I write Mademoiselle Meets Maquillage and Macaroons and I would love for you to give it a read. Maybe we can follow each other on Bloglovin?
    www.mademoisellemeetsmaquillageandmacaroons.com

    Deepti x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!! :D I am still loving them all! Using the Barry M palette all the time!!

      xx

      Delete